Website Lodestar Structures
· Oversees the entire design process and building of projects
· Responsible for the architectural design and coordination for various projects
· Reviews and implements current designs, plans, and product trends, using a continuous improvement module
· Addresses problems involving infrastructure, appearance, functionality, and safety codes
· Conducts presentations with clients, investors, builders, and subcontractors.
· Ensures original design plans are being followed at construction sites
· Work closely with clients
· Review and oversee all working and technical drawings for conformity to design
· Oversee Architectural Technologists
· Act as a resource person for all applicable codes (esp. Ontario Building Codes).
· Prepare sketches and models for clients
· Conduct feasibility studies and financial analyses of building projects.
· Consult and negotiate conceptual designs (preparing of drawings and statistics for proforma/business plans)
· Work with team members to review and identify successful/unsuccessful design elements in order to improve quality and reduce deficiencies
· Technically and legally responsible for all documents and process-related construction
· Coordinate design activities with outside design consultants for various projects
· Create full sets of working drawings which comply with the Ontario Building Code and municipal bylaws
· Construct video graphics showing installation of products for marketing
· Develop construction contract documents for projects of varying scope, from schematic design through to construction administration
· Liaise with customers, project managers, lead designers and engineers
· Perform site inspections to ensure the project conforms with construction drawings, the Ontario Building Code, and municipal zoning requirements
· Meet with sales agents, customers, and prospective customers to customize plans and designs
· Licensed as an architect by the Ontario Association of Architects
· Building Code Identification Number
· Three years of previous architectural experience.
· Able to direct others to perform efficiently and accurately
· Proficient in use of Autodesk Revit
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook and AutoCAD
· MS Project is an asset
· Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat is an asset
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Strong knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
Why Join Us?
Since 1969, the Anchor Group of Companies has been recognized as specialists in our field. Anchor Concrete Products, Lodestar Structures, and Anchor Rebar continue to produce precision products for the construction industry.
Lodestar Structures is hiring an architect.
Our team is focussed on optimizing our operations, supplying high quality products, and creating customized solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
We believe our employees are our most valuable resource. We offer a rewarding environment where employee contributions are appreciated and rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits, including short and long-term disability, dental, extended health benefits, employee assistance program, RRSP matching, ongoing training, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We offer the opportunity to make a positive mark on the world, in an enjoyable and respectful workplace that is leading the charge in innovation.